Friday, August 8, 2008

We finally bought a house!


We closed escrow on July 31st! After a ton of effort and offers on other houses that fell through, we finally found a great house and were able to get it. It is located in Lake Marie, in Orcutt, about 8 houses down the street from my parents. It needs quite a bit of work, but that is ok. I've already started by ripping down almost all the landscaping that was covering the front of the house in the picture. Behind the pine tree/bush thing on the left hand side of the picture is the front door. I ripped out that tree. It has a newly remodeled kitchen with amazing cabinets, countertops, and Dacor appliances. The house is 3007 square feet, a huge difference from our 400 square feet apartment now. I am finishing remodeling one of the bathrooms and I'm re-finishing the hardwood floors as well. We will try to paint everything, inside and outside too, but that may be after we move in. Luckily we aren't moving out of our apartment until the end of this month, so I have a few weeks to get things done. We are so excited to finally be able to buy our first home. It has been nerve racking and crazy. Many many many headaches, but well worth it now that we have it!!!! We will be posting many more pictures as I get things done. I will take some photos today for some before/after postings for later. Our new address is 2211 Crystal Drive Santa Maria CA 93455. I will keep you posted!! This picture of the house isn't very good, so I will try to take some more later today. I've already started a bunch of demolition, so you may see that in the next pictures.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Nice! :) Congrats! Your Mom(and Dad) aka grandma and grandpa, must be happy:)

Kara said...

I heard you guys bought a house in Lake Marie! How exciting...I wanna see it! And I completely agree with what you said about Obama in your last post. I hope a majority of people have their head on straight like you!

Gena Susan said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you & Tara are soooo excited...and I bet Darcy is going to love all the room to run & play in! :)