Wednesday, January 30, 2008

When you become a parent and begin to lose the amount of sleep most parents experience, you begin to wonder, "Was this really a good idea?" Then you look down at your sweet daughter or son and they look up at you and hold their arms up just wanting you to hold them. Of course you do just that, because in a short time they will be too big and too independent to be held by Dad and Mom. For a moment at 2AM you think, "Ya, its worth it!", but a moment later you remember that it is 2AM and you have to be up at 6:00AM to get ready for meetings! At that moment you think, "I think 1 child is just perfect!" I don't know how many other parents have felt or thought that, but I don't believe I'm in the boat all by myself. Luckily, all the good, sweet, and wonderful times more than over power that bad feeling and you really just want to have more babies! Well, I guess that is my thought right now. Man, I'm tired.....

2 comments:

Gena Susan said...

Yep! We totally know the feeling! Emma is 14 months and still doesn't sleep through the night. She averages 4 wakeups a night. Sometimes we wonder..."Will she ever grow out of it?"

It's all worth it though!

By the way, Darcy is so cute!

Kara said...

Ahhhh I'll enjoy my uninterrupted sleep while I can! :)